The Novosibirsk Institute of Organic Chemistry employs 420 people, including 151 researchers (33 Doctors of Science, 97 Candidates of Science (PhD), and 21 employees without a higher academic degree).
Twenty-two PhD students and 8 PhD students from other research and educational institutions are currently enrolled in the Institute’s PhD program.
The Novosibirsk Institute of Organic Chemistry carries out collaborative research with chemistry (the Institute of Organic Chemistry RAS, the Institute of Organoelement Compounds RAS, the Ufa Scientific CenterRAS, the Institute of Catalysis SB RAS, the International Tomography CenterSB RAS, the Institute of Inorganic Chemistry SB RAS, the Institute of Biological Chemistry and Fundamental MedicineSB RAS, the Irkutsk Institute of Chemistry SB RAS and the Institute of Solid State Chemistry and Mechanochemistry SB RAS), physics (the Institute of Automation and Electrometry SB RAS) and biology (the Institute of Cytology and Genetics SB RAS and the State Research Center of Virology and Biotechnology VECTOR) institutes, as well as medical research institutes (the Acad. E.N. Meshalkin Novosibirsk Research Institute of Circulation Pathology and the Research Institute of Influenza of the Ministry of Healthcare of the Russian Federation) and state universities (Novosibirsk State University, Novosibirsk State Technical University, Tomsk State University, Krasnoyarsk State Pedagogical University, Bashkir State University, Kazan Federal University, and Moscow State University), as well as the universities and research laboratories in Belgium, Germany, Japan, Great Britain, USA, France, Mongolia, Mexico, Estonia, Spain, the Republics of Kazakhstan and Belarus under bi- and multilateral projects and grants.
Individual departments of the Institute are engaged in active collaboration with the leading companies in the USA, Japan, Belgium, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, Turkey, France, China, South Korea, the Czech Republic, the Republics of Kazakhstan and Belarus on a commercial basis.
Researchers of the Institute annually
- participate in implementation of 70–80 projects that are supported by the budget or on a competitive basis, including 7 budget-supported projects, 30–35 Russian Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR) grants, 3–5 Russian Science Foundation grants, 5–6 international projects, grants оf President of Russian Federation, grants from the Administration of the Novosibirsk Region, Novosibirsk City Administration and the UMNIK program grants;
- publish 150–180 articles and reviews in international and Russian research journals (some of these studies being carried out under international collaboration with foreign scientists), 2–5 textbooks, 2–3 monographs or chapters in multi-authored monographs;
- organize or co-organize 2–4 large research conferences (including schools-conferences for young scientists), hold 5–10 scientific and educational workshops and presentations;
- deliver over 300 presentations at youth, All-Russia, and international conferences;
- acquire about 10 Russian Federation patents and keep over 100 Russian Federation patents in force. In 2012 and 2015, inventions made by the researchers of the Novosibirsk Institute of Organic Chemistry were awarded the Diploma of the Federal Service for Intellectual Property (Rospatent) “100 Best Inventions in Russia”.