BETULONIC ACID ALANYLAMIDE – ANTIOXIDANT
AND AGENT IMPROVING SIDE EFFECTS OF ANTITUMOR DRUGS
A new agent reducing the toxic effects of cytostatics is worked out for using in the complex polychemical therapy of cancer patients. The use of a new agent results in potentiation of antitumoral effect and anti-metastatic activity in polychemical therapy (PCT). The agent reveals antioxidant and cytoprotective action in cancer PCT, as well as antitoxic effect when introducing cytoctatic medical complex. The compound is synthesized from a vegetable triterpene betuline – metabolite of birch bark.
- Increase of cytostatic chemotherapy efficiency
- Technologically simple medication on the basis of available plant material
- Cytostatic chemiotherapy of cancer
- Hepatoprotective activity
- Antioxidant and anti-metostatic activity
Patent of RF № 2353623 of 17.09.2007 “Cytostatic polychemical therapy agent”.
- The above preparation has undergone the whole range of pharmacological researches
and is ready to be passed for preclinical testing.
- Pilot plant regulations are developed.
N.N. Vorozhtsov Novosibirsk Institute of Organic Chemistry,
Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences
9, Acad. Lavrentiev Ave, 630090, Novosibirsk, 90, Russsia
PhD< E.E. Shults , Head of the Laboratory