Head - Dr. Sci. (Chem) Tatyana Vladimirovna Mezenkova
Phone: (383) 330-69-43, internal phone: 2-90
Laboratory was founded in 1960 by Corresponding Member, Prof. N.N. Vorozhtsov and Dr. G.G. Yakobson. Up to the middle of 2015 Laboratory was headed by prof. V.E. Platonov
The major scientific trends
- development of the scientific principles of the synthesis and functionalization of polyfluoroarenes, investigation of their reactivity and the mechanistic details, including observations of intermediates and study of their properties, looking for the areas of practical applications of polyfluoroarenes;
- investigation of the processes of functionalization of polyfluoroarenes on the basis of organometallic compounds;
- transformations of fluoroalkyl, fluorovinyl, nitrogen-, oxygen-, and sulfur-containing functional groups.
Scientific achievements (recent)
- New area of the chemistry of aromatic compounds – the chemistry of polyfluoroarenes and their analogs has been created;
- General method for the synthesis of the key polyfluoroaromatic compounds and their functional derivatives, based on the high-temperature exchange the chlorine atoms of polychlorinated arenes for fluorine ones by the action of potassium fluoride has been developed;
- The common reaction regularities of polyfluoroarenes with electrophilic, nucleophilic and radical reagents and carbenes have been studied;
- Original methods for the synthesis of polyfluoroaromatic derivatives and new approaches for polyfluoroarene synthesis, based on transformations with the rearrangement of the molecular skeleton as a result of thermal intramolecular radical cyclization, and also cycle contraction, expansion or opening in the course of cationic transformations of polyfluorinated benzocycloalkenes and their carbonyl derivatives have been developed;
- Modifications and transformations of the polyfluorinated ring, including the subsequent rearomatisation, and involving synthesis and transformartions of reactive polyfluorocyclohexadienones in chemical and photochemical processes have been studied;
- On the basis of the co-pyrolysis of polyfluoroarenethiols with chlorine or bromine at 400-500°С in a flow system new method of synthesis of a wide variety of chloro- and bromopolyfluoroarenes has been developed;
- Original method of synthesis of polyfluoroaromatic organozinc compounds has been developed, their chemistry is being investigated.
Nowadays our research activities are focused on the following fields:
- Priority direction V.36. “Theoretical chemistry and development of the methodology of organic and inorganic synthesis, new physical-chemical methods of investigations”;
- Program V.36.6 “The development of the scientific basis of organic, elementorganic and inorganic synthesis for elaboration of racional methods for the synthesis of biologically active compounds, synthones, monomers and polymers of high-technological products”.
Laboratory investigations were partly supported by grants of Presidium RAS, Presidium SB RAS, Russian Foundation of Basic Research, Russian noncommercial partnership “ASGL – investigation laboratories”, DFG, Volkswagen-Stiftung (Germany) and also by different contracts.
At present time the investigations are supported by RFBR grant.
Recent publications (main)
- N.N. Vorozhtsov-Junior, V.E. Platonov, G.G. Yakobson. The synthesis of hexafluorobenzene from hexachlorobenzene. Russ. Chem. Bull. Chemical Series, 1524 (1963).
- N.G. Malyuta, V.E. Platonov, G.G. Furin, G.G. Yakobson. Copyrolysis of pentafluorosubstituted derivatives of benzenes with sources of difluorocarbene. Formation of perfluoroindan. Tetrahedron, 31, 1201 (1975).
- V.M. Karpov, V.E. Platonov, G.G. Yakobson. The generation of polyfluoroindenyl cations. On the aromaticity of polyfluoroindenyl cations. Tetrahedron, 34, 3215 (1978).
- The reactivity of polyfluoroaromatic compounds (Ed. G.G. Yakobson). Novosibirsk, Nauka, 1983 // Реакционная способность полифторароматических соединений (Под ред. Г.Г. Якобсона). Изд-во «Наука», Новосибирск, 1983.
- V.I. Krasnov, V.E. Platonov, I.V. Beregovaya, L.N. Shchegoleva. Transformation of perfluoroxylenes and perfluoro-p-cumene under the action of Zn(Cu)-DMF-H2O. Tetrahedron, 53, 1797 (1997).
- L.S. Kobrina. Fluorinated cyclohexadienones – the universal synthones for obtaining of fluororganic compounds. Russ. Chem. Bull. Chemical Series, 1629 (2002).
- T.D. Petrova, V.E. Platonov. Polyfluoroaromatic compounds with a –N=CClR group – a reactive type of polyfluoroarenes. J. Fluorine Chem. 126, 860 (2005).
- Krasnov V.I., Vinogradov A.S., Platonov V.E. Preparation of organozinc compounds from 3-chloroheptafluorotoluene and zinc: the participation of C-F bonds. Mendeleev Commun., 168 (2006).